Japan business strategy: what is your plan? what is your strategy? How to finance? you are looking for a partner?
“Steely-eyed strategies…” (Lu Gerstner)
“Steely-eyed strategies: good strategies start with massive amounts of quantitative analysis – hard, difficult analysis that is blended with wisdom, insight, and risk taking…”
(Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., in the book “Who says elephants can’t dance”)
Japan is about 15% of the world economy, in many high-tech sectors Japan’s is about 30% of the world market. Especially for US high-tech companies, Japan is usually the first and most important foreign market.
- Japan’s mobile phone market grows by about 10 million subscriptions/year, and about 50 million mobile phones are sold per year
- Based on the strength in the large Japanese telecom market, SoftBank is now expanding globally, e.g. by the acquisition of SPRINT
- About 10% of automobiles globally are manufactured in Japan, and about 30% of automobiles globally are manufactured by Japanese brands, such as Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Suzuki, Mazda, and more
Japan business strategy options: Spoilt for choice – YOUR choice, YOUR decision:
YOU have many choices to build business in Japan:
- take initiative, invest and build a valuable business in Japan, a subsidiary with brain power, feeding innovation back into your global operations
- partner with a Japanese company which you entrust with control over your business in Japan
- a full range of options depending on the competitive strength of your products, how unique your services are, and your financial strength
Japan business strategy challenges: YOU thrive on challenge…
Rewards can be high, but building successful business in Japan is not easy – some of the most famous and largest global companies have failed and given up in Japan. Key challenges are:
- Japan’s size needs major committment and investment. Success in Japan does not come cheap
- Communications across the cultural devide. Language
- Global priorities vs the specific needs of Japanese customers. Some of the largest corporations failed in Japan for this reason
- Human resources: making the right choices are crucial. Do we hire top performers in Japan who don’t know much English and can’t communicate globally?
- How do we listen to Japanese customers?
- Do we really understand Japan’s market, and our customers?
Japan business strategy risks: No risk – no reward…
Japan business strategy: risks
- speed: some very famous global companies lost out in Japan against faster executing competitors
- investment: do you have the financial strength and the support by your investors and share holders to invest what it takes to win in Japan? Several very famous global companies had to give up in Japan because management underestimated the investment necessary to win in Japan
- listening to Japanese customers: it’s almost unbelievable, but true. Some foreign companies get no-where in Japan for the simple reason that they do not listen enough to Japanese customers
- (with our resources and experience, we can help you reduce risks)
Japan business strategy: Rewards
- Many global companies with great products and great execution, have their most successful and profitable business in Japan
- Japan is in many fields among the most developed markets in the world, especially in telecommunications, but also in many other fields. Competing successfully in Japan is crucial for the global competitiveness of your company
Our resources -> Your solution
Our resources can help to reduce your risks, we can create your solutions for growth in Japan
- our team of experienced experts
- our company’s more than 15 years experience working in Japan with some of the world’s best and finest companies and with governments
- our CEO‘s 22 years experience working with Japan
- our wide professional network
Japan’s electronics industry sector’s annual revenues are as large as the economy of The Netherlands
Japan’s smartphone games industry sector is the world’s top grossing
Copyright (c) 2014-2020 Eurotechnology Japan KK All Rights Reserved