Top grossing app ranking (Feb. 10, 2015)
AppAnnie showed that in terms of combined iOS AppStore + Google Play revenues, Japan is No. 1 globally, spending more than the USA. Therefore Japan is naturally the No. 1 target globally for many mobile game companies, and quite a few of the top grossing apps in Japan are of foreign origin – can you guess which?!
iOS AppStore-Japan “Top Grossing” ranking of February 10, 2015:
Note that the iOS ranking shown here is very similar to the Android / Google Play top grossing ranking.
- No. 1 Monster strike (by Mixi) from rank 2 on July 13, 2014
- No. 2 Puzzle & Dragons by GungHo (from rank 1 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 3 白猫プロジェクト (= white cat project) (by Colopl Inc.)
- No. 4 Dragon Quest Monsters Superlight (by Square Enix) (from Rank 12 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 5 LINE Disney tsumu tsumu (by LINE Corporation) (ツムツム = Tsum Tsum) (from Rank 3 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 6 Final Fantasy Record Keeper (by DeNA Ltd)
- No. 7 LINE (by LINE Corporation)
- No. 8 Love life! School Idol Festival (by KLab Inc.) (was rank 9 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 9 LINE PokoPoko (by LINE Corporation)
- No. 10 Logres of Swords and Sorcery – popular online RPG (by Marvelous Inc.) (was rank 14 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 11 Clash of Clans (by Supercell) (was rank 5 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 12 Runaway lives motorcycle Tiger (by Donuts Co Ltd)
- No. 13 Drift Spirits (by Bandai Namco Games Inc)
- No. 14 Actual powerful pro-baseball (実況パワフルプロ野球) (by KONAMI)
- No. 15 Sengoku Enbu – KIZNA – (by Sumzap Inc) (was rank 8 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 16 Sword Art Online Code Resister (by Bandai Namco Games Inc)
- No. 17 Chain chronicle – real scenario RPG (ChainChro = チェンクロ) (by SEGA Corporation)
- No. 18 Schoolgirl strikers (by Square Enix)
- No. 19 Summons Board (by GungHo Online Entertainment)
- No. 20 Puyo puyo!! Quest (by Sega Corporation) (was rank 11 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 21 Granblue Fantasy (by Cygames Inc)
- No. 22 LINE Manga – daily reload of popular manga free of charge (by LINE Corporation)
- No. 23 Brave frontier (by Alim Co Ltd) (was rank 4 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 24 Dragon poker (by Asobism Co Ltd) (was rank 6 on July 13, 2014)
- No. 25 LINE POP2 (by LINE Corporation)
Japan’s iconic game companies created many game categories – this tradition carries over to mobile gaming now.
More about Japan’s game sector in our report.
Copyright·©2015 ·Eurotechnology Japan KK·All Rights Reserved·